- Patient Info
- Clinician Info
- Contact Us
- Order a CAMS Device
Prescribing CAMS energy-based healing devices for home self-treatment
Prescribing CAMS devices for home self-treatment
- Do you have a patient whom you believe could benefit from home treatments with a CAMS device?
- Has one of your patients asked you about home self-treatment?
The following information is intended to help answer your questions about CAMS devices and make an informed decision.
How do CAMS devices work?
CAMS energy-based healing devices work by restoring the body’s natural vibrational frequency to areas of pain and inflammation. This produces an acute anti-inflammatory reaction at the cellular level. Please see What are CAMS units and how do they work? Click here for more details.
What is CAMS Blue Light technology?
Recent research has demonstrated that blue light at a wavelength of 470 nanometers (nm) effectively controls many types of bacteria, including:
- Periodontal bacteria responsible for gum disease
- The bacteria that cause acne
- MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
The newest innovation in CAMS technology includes blue lights that resonate at the 470-nm wavelength. “This wavelength of visible light is effective in controlling both gram-positive and gram-negative bacterial strains,” says Charles Crosby, DO, MD(H). Please see CAMS Blue Light kills bacteria for more information.
Why would a patient need CAMS self-treatment?
Patients with chronic pain conditions such as low-back pain are excellent candidates for home self-treatment with a CAMS unit. If a patient is looking for ways to reduce or avoid taking analgesics, CAMS devices offer an alternative.
Are CAMS devices easy for patients to use?
Yes. All five CAMS models are easy for patients to operate. The TensCam/RJV Jr and RJV-TensCam come with a tripod stand, allowing patients to position the unit to treat virtually any area of the body comfortably.
Each CAMS unit comes with complete operating instructions. The unit never touches the body during a treatment. A patient can administer a self-treatment daily if needed to help ease chronic pain and inflammation.
You may wish to recommend more-frequent treatments for patients using a CAMS device in the Blue Light mode, as outlined below.
How should I direct my patient to use a CAMS unit?
If you prescribe a CAMS device for home self-treatment, we ask that you advise the patient on the area(s) of the body to be treated. Please let your patient know that there are two treatment modes:
- Original treatment mode. The CAMS unit should be positioned 18-24 inches from the body for treatment in this mode, which is intended to treat pain and inflammation at the cellular level by normalizing the body’s energy frequency.
- Blue Light treatment mode. The CAMS unit should be positioned 3/8” from the skin for treatments in this antimicrobial mode. Advise the patient to treat the area for two minutes every four to six hours. If the patient sees no improvement in 24 hours, you may want to recommend that they contact you.
Which CAMS units require a prescription?
The TensCam/RJV Jr, RJV-TensCam, and Handheld LaserCam require a prescription by an MD, DO or DC for patients who wish to purchase a unit for self-treatment under a physician’s direction. The Personal Tuner does not require a prescription.
How should the prescription be worded?
Simply identify the chosen CAMS model—TensCam/RJV Jr, RJV-TensCam, Handheld LaserCam—and specify “Use as directed.”
Are there any patients who should not use CAMS?
CAMS devices are not recommended for use by patients:
- With cardiac pacemakers of the demand or sensing type. (The actions of the pacemaker might be inhibited or otherwise interfered with by the CAMS unit.)
- Who react poorly to the idea of electrical stimulation of any kind.
Patients with known heart disease should not use CAMS units without physical evaluation of risk by a physician.
As a precaution, women should not use CAMS devices during pregnancy or delivery.
What if I have additional questions about CAMS devices?
Please call Charles Crosby, DO, MD(H) of Crosby Advanced Medical Systems at 407.823.9502.
Earn a 25% Commission for referring friends and colleagues to purchase a CAMS device!Learn more
What Clinicians Are Saying
- CAMS Works Better Than the Shots
“I have successfully used CAMS for treating such diverse problems as tarsal tunnel syndrome, non-healing…
- CAMS is Effective in the Treatment of TMJ
“I find CAMS to be quite efficacious in the treatment of TMJ pain as well…
- CAMS Allowed Me to Expand the Scope of My Practice
“I find CAMS to be fast, easy and more versatile than other equipment in my…
- CAMS Works Better Than the Shots